The S3 sintered compound is optimal for street bikes, dual sport, touring, cruisers. It’s recommended on applications with rather larger engines or for people who ride harder than average and want the great stopping power of a sintered brake pad.
The S3 series is designed for low abrasive interaction with the rotor and quieter braking because the ceramic composite material. It has an HH friction rating and performs better at higher temperatures than our AD compound.
Friction materials contain metal-ceramic with a bronze-graphite and non-metallic friction additives are spread evenly on the base fine bronze body to achieve optimal friction properties.
- Very high static friction coefficient
- Minimal difference between wet and dry braking performance
- Good abrasive resistance
- Thermal stability up to 450°C, and even up to 800°C over a short term
- Low abrasive interaction with the brake rotor material
- Longer life compared to organic and kevlar composite materials
Range of Application:
- Recommended for larger street bikes
- For riders who demand a bit more than average from their bikes
- Recommended on both front and rear brakes
- Works well on both dry and wet conditions
- Could also be used on the front brakes for off-road bikes and ATV
Material Operating Parameters:
|Specific Pressure||p < 3.0 Mpa|
|Sliding Speed||V < 45 m.s-1|
|Constant Maximum Temp.||450°C|
|Short Time Maximum Temp.||800°C|